Monday, October 29, 2012

it's true

Yes, it's true. (Strange, seeing my name in Christianity Today.)

Here is the official public statement, which I have agreed to:
Dr. Michael Pahl has been relieved of his teaching duties because he is unable to concur fully with each and every position of Cedarville University's doctrinal statement. This decision was made following a review by the University administration and trustees prompted by Dr. Pahl's recent book, The Beginning and the End: Rereading Genesis's Stories and Revelation's Visions.
Dr. Pahl's orthodoxy and commitment to the gospel are not in question, nor is his commitment to Scripture's inspiration, authority and infallibility. He is a promising scholar and a dedicated teacher, and will be missed by his colleagues and students. Nevertheless, the University has determined this decision to be in the best interests of its constituency at this time.
On a completely unrelated note, there's this guy I know who is looking for a job:
A promising scholar and dedicated teacher, thoroughly orthodox in his Christian faith, fully committed to Scripture and the gospel, is looking for an academic position in New Testament studies and/or biblical theology.
Joking aside, I really am looking for such an academic position for fall 2013. If you are on a university or seminary search committee looking to fill a position in New Testament or Christian origins or biblical theology, chances are my c.v. has crossed your desk already, or it will in the near future. In the meantime, please check out my website and my curriculum vitae to find out more about me, and by all means feel free to contact me. I'd love to hear from you!